We are not a boring or stuffy church.
We love God and we love others.
We believe that Jesus came to build people up,
not condemn them, judge them or tear them down.
Most weeks it feels more like a celebration here
or a wedding reception, rather than a funeral.
We laugh a lot, we cry a little, we support each other
and we have lots of fun.
Where we are
The Point Church is one church that meets in three locations in Miramichi and Bathurst, NB, Canada.
We have one location in Bathurst (780 O'Neil Avenue), one location in Chatham (616 Wellington Street), and one location in Newcastle (582 King George Highway). For more information on our three locations, please visit this page.
What We Believe
- We believe that God loves you, no matter who you are or what you've done. We believe that there is room for everyone in the Family of God and we believe that God wants to have a real, vibrant, growing relationship with you.
- We believe the Bible is God's Word to all people and that it is relevant in our daily lives.
- We believe in One God, expressed in the Trinity as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We believe that each member of the Trinity possess equal power and authority.
- We believe that Jesus lived a perfect life, died for us on the cross and defeated death in His resurrection so that we could have life. We believe it is through His blood alone that our sins are forgiven and we are able to obtain salvation.
- We believe that the church is the hope of the world and that we are called to gather together as a body of believers. We believe that participation is crucial to the growth of our church and the growth of those in our church. We believe God has equipped each of us with unique gifts and skill sets that He wants us to put to use.
- We believe that the church exists for people who are far from God and so we invite our people to constantly be inviting the people closest to them so all can experience the life-changing message of Jesus.
- We see it as a privilege to give back to God what He has so freely given to us. We celebrate generosity.
- We believe that participation in small groups is the best way to build community and foster spiritual growth.