We’re not perfect, and you won’t need to be either.
We’re hundreds of people gathering at three locations and online.
We believe we’re all on a spiritual journey, and we’re rediscovering the irresistible message of Jesus.
We’re a place of love, acceptance and forgiveness.
We believe that there is room for everyone in the family of God-
and there is room for you at The Point.
WHO WE ARE
- We value celebration over ceremony - we’re passionate, excited, and inspired! Our gatherings are not about formality, but about authenticity.
- We value relationship over rituals- we were built for a relationship with Jesus, and we need real relationships with each other.
- We value progress over preference- we can have change without growth, but we can’t have growth without change. Things change here all the time and we’re hoping you are ready for change too!
- We value an outward focus over an inward one- Jesus was all about others and He challenges us to be others focused as well.
- We value serving over sitting - we were created to do good works, and we believe the best way to serve God is by serving others.
- We value giving over keeping - we believe we could never out give God and that we are blessed to be a blessing. We see that the more we let go of, release, and give, the more blessings come our way!
- We value identifying what we’re for or over what we’re against- we know there are terrible things out there, but we don’t want to give the evils of this world all the attention. We want to be known first for what we are for. (Romans 8:31, Romans 5:8)
WHERE WE ARE
- The Point Church is one church that meets in three locations in Miramichi and Bathurst, NB, Canada.
- We have one location in Newcastle (582 King George Highway), one location in Chatham (616 Wellington Street), and one location inBathurst (780 O'Neil Avenue). For more information on our three locations, please visit this page.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe that God loves you, no matter who you are or what you've done. We believe that there is room for everyone in the Family of God and we believe that God wants to have a real, vibrant, growing relationship with you.
- We believe the Bible is God's Word to all people and that it is relevant in our daily lives.
- We believe in One God, expressed in the Trinity as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We believe that each member of the Trinity possess equal power and authority.
- We believe that Jesus lived a perfect life, died for us on the cross and defeated death in His resurrection so that we could have life. We believe it is through His blood alone that our sins are forgiven and we are able to obtain salvation.
- We believe that the church is the hope of the world and that we are called to gather together as a body of believers. We believe that participation is crucial to the growth of our church and the growth of those in our church. We believe God has equipped each of us with unique gifts and skill sets that He wants us to put to use.
- We believe that the church exists for people who are far from God and so we invite our people to constantly be inviting the people closest to them so all can experience the life-changing message of Jesus.
- We see it as a privilege to give back to God what He has so freely given to us. We celebrate generosity.
- We believe that participation in small groups is the best way to build community and foster spiritual growth.
Our official “Statement of Faith” can be found here.