We are so excited that you are interested in joining the ONEIGHTY Student Leadership team at The Point Church!
You may have heard people call high school students “the next generation” or “the future of the church”, but we believe you are an essential part of the body of Christ (the church) RIGHT NOW! Whether you are 14 or 64, if you are a believer in Christ, you have been called to serve God and serve other people.
We want your involvement in this team to spring from your understanding that God loves you unconditionally and that serving Him isn’t about earning your place in Heaven—Christ already did that for you. As a believer in Christ, each one of you was created, saved, and gifted for ministry. He has given you gifts, experiences, and qualities that He wants you to use, not just at church, but also at home, at school, on your sports team, etc.
We welcome students to be on the team who have a desire to care for and love others in order to glorify God. We are looking for students who are serving in all aspects of their lives and who are willing to be spiritual leaders to those around them. We want students who are motivated by the fact that they are loved by Jesus Christ, the One who set the ultimate example of service for us.
For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Mark 10:45 NLT
We want to train, develop and disciple student leaders so that they are equipped to better serve their church, schools, and communities. We want to see the ONEIGHTY students grow and discover their gifts and abilities so that they can use them to glorify God.
We strongly believe that God is doing an incredible work in our area and we believe that building up a team of student leaders is crucial to accomplish what He is doing.
We believe that God wants to do great things through you, and we believe that begins with having an attitude of humility before God. We are hoping that the humble mentality God gives you will lead you into a life of serving others.
We want to be a community of people who serve together, who seek God together, and who pray together for God to show us what He wants to do in and through us.
We want to disciple you, and we are hoping you will allow us to do that.
IF YOU BECOME A STUDENT LEADER, YOU COMMIT TO:
- Consistently diving into God’s Word and letting the Holy Spirit transform you
- Attending meetings once a month (typically on the 1st or 3rd Sunday of each month)
- Having done the work required (ie: listening to podcasts and taking notes, reading the chapters of the book we assign, preparing a list of ways to reach your school, finding and meeting with an accountability partner, etc.)
- Attending ONEIGHTY consistently & reaching out to students who are new to our church
- Praying for ONEIGHTY, the high schools around us, yourself, your family, etc.
- Being an active participant in the Christian community at your high school understanding that you are held to a higher standard & remaining open to correction/accountability from the ONEIGHTY leaders regarding your actions, words, social media usage, clothing, etc.
Student Leader Application
To be considered for the Student Leadership Team, you must first complete this application and send your Parent/Guardian and one Adult reference the link to the online reference form. Once you have completed everything, you will hear back from Pastor Jeff Swartzentruber.
Reference Form Link: www.thepointchurch.ca/character-reference-SL